Covid19 – Update – Letter from our Owners 3/17/2020
Dear Kamehachi Customers and Community,
Kamehachi has been dedicated to providing a safe, healthy and comfortable environment for all of our customers and staff for more than 50 years. We are following all CDC and WHO guidelines on health, sanitation and keeping a safe commercial and work environment. We have appointed an internal company contact to stay up to date on all rapidly changing developments regarding the COVID-19 crisis, and communicate this information throughout our Kamehachi locations.
During this time of uncertainty, these are some of the precautionary measures we are taking to ensure the well-being of our customers, staff and community:
- As is our standard procedure, all sushi chefs will wear institutional gloves while preparing, serving and packaging food. At our sushi bars, kitchens and bar areas, all cutting boards, knives and equipment will be cleaned and sanitized on an enhanced schedule, and with increased diligence before, during and after cutting and food preparation.
- We have escalated our cleaning of high-contact surfaces throughout our kitchens, dining rooms and restrooms, and equipment. From door handles to menus, cash registers, pens and POS screens, we have increased cleaning frequency, as well as increasing access to sanitizers, soaps and disinfectants for all guests and staff.
- We have educated our chefs and personnel in enhanced cleaning and hand-washing measures, as well as recommended illness-preventation guidelines as outlined by the Centers for Disease Control. We are stressing, educating and insisting on diligent sanitation and good hygiene practices amongst our staff and guests.
- We have directed all employees to not report to work if they are feeling ill or exhibiting any indicated symptoms.
- Kamehachi employs our own delivery drivers who are educated in our company’s high standards. Although we work with third-party vendors like GrubHub, UberEats, Door Dash, Postmates, and Chow Now, you always have the option to call our restaurant directly to order for carryout, delivery and curbside pick-up. Our delivery drivers have been equipped with sanitizer and gloves for added protection, and you can request special instructions or a non-contact delivery.
- For orders being placed for pick-up, Kamehachi is now offering a curbside pick-up service; just call upon arrival and your order will be glove-delivered to your car. Should you wish to come in to place an order, or pick-up, we will be enforcing a social-distancing measure, asking waiting guests to maintain a 6’ distance from others while in the restaurant. Social distancing will also be enforced among our chefs and staff to further promote safe practices.
We remain committed to the health and safety of our workers, guests and our community during this unprecedented time. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to a store manager should you have any questions or concerns, or our company contact Mark Hayashi at email@example.com.
Thank you for your trust during this time. Wishing you all good health.
Giulia Sindler & Sharon Perazzoli